January 10, 2012

Baby Food

On Saturday morning I tried to make baby food. I used this hand blender to puree some sweet potatoes. Some of the food was stuck in the blade so I used my finger to get it out. At the same time I accidentally hit the ON button and you can imagine the rest. Thankfully, Christian was home to drive my hysterical self to the hospital. This was the first and very likely the last time I will ever attempt to make baby food.
I showed up clutching a bloody dish rag wrapped around my finger. As the Dr. unraveled the wrapping I was screaming because I was so scarred the tip of my finger was going to roll onto the floor. Fortunately, my finger was still intact and the blade only nicked my bone.


Before Christian redid the gauze last night he took a picture of the damage. Lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWWWW (guess who?)

Camille said...

oh steph. I am so sorry, that looks like it hurt bad! I am so glad christian was home too. yeah...I would just go with the already prepared baby food :) here's to a quick recovery!