July 24, 2013

Family of Four

I can't believe Mason is already two months old and as far as this blog is concerned he doesn't even exist. Since Brady was almost a week late I was sure Mason would follow in his footsteps and my doctor assured me my hypothesis would likely be correct. At my last appointment I scheduled my induction for Friday the 17th, a few days shy of my May 20th due date. In true second child fashion I waited until Thursday (the day before the induction) to get everything done. I went to Target and Costco to get diapers, pacifiers, and everything else I could've picked up the 9 months prior. All morning the contractions were terrible and while I shopping I had to constantly stop and clutch onto the cart or shelf or Brady or whatever I could grab to get through them without making too much of a scene. After putting Brady down for a nap I downloaded a contraction timer app and within an hour they had gone from 8 to 3 minutes apart. Around 2:30 I called Christian to come home from work. Cindy and Cassie helped with Brady and Christian drove me to the hospital. I checked into El Camino Hospital around 3:30pm and just a few hours later Mr. Mason made his grand appearance.  
Mason Anthony Hansen
Thursday, May 16th, 2013 @ 7:21pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Going home! The volunteer insisted that Mason had to be inside his car seat and I had to carry it. At that point it was whatever would get us out faster.   

No comments: