July 31, 2008

Goodbye Encino Royale

Never judge an apartment complex by its name. Unless, of course, you consider royale to mean... A stove with a broken knob that doesn't tell you what temperature it is and is almost impossible to turn off (we often need to turn off the gas all together) Cockroaches ...including one ENORMOUS one that I discovered crawling in my hair while I was in the kitchen the other day. (Christian tried to kill it with his crutch, but instead only hit my leg leaving a huge bruise...roach disappeared ..yeah) A leaky roof. Although it was finally fixed, we dealt with this sick, nasty, and leaky roof for a month.

I feel that I've paid my dues in sub-par housing. I could not be happier to be leaving these "Royale" accommodations!

3 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

EWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A cockroach in your hair??!!!!

Camille said...

whoa. seriously that is nasty. you have definitely paid your dues and you better be living better than that in the future!! glad it is over ;)

Cassie and Doug Hansen said...

Oh grose!! I know how you feel with the nasty cockroaches, but I have to go back to them!! Im so scared!! I had a few huge flying one zip right past my face a handful of times. yuk, hopefully there won't be big bugs at your place in you new place - Because I think we both have definitely paid our dues!