June 20, 2012

thirty

Christian turned 30! I still can hardly believe it! Before his family left on vacation we had a family dinner celebration at our house. Between changing the date at the last minute because of weather, running out of propane and one fussy baby it wasn't exactly a relaxing day for Christian (he ended up helping me quite a bit), but I'm glad we were able to get all the family together! Joyce and Candice were even able to come! His family showered him with presents, including an ipad which was a  special 30th birthday gift from Chris & Cindy, babysitting from Hannah, haircuts from Heather, biking pants from Doug and Cassie, and a new biking bib from my parents. I got him a new biking jacket and bike rack for his car which Doug helped me install the night before his actual birthday!
His birthday fell on a Friday so I surprised him with a short weekend trip to Monterey when he got home from work. We had beautiful weather, toured around the town, laid by the pool, and ate way too much food! Happy 30thChristian!! We love you!
Doug and Cassie also gave Brady an early birthday present which will be great for the beach!


1 comment:

jessH said...

Looks so fun. Can't believe we're getting old enough to be married to people who are thirty... ha. Well, I'll be in my thirties for several years before my hubby catches us, but still, you know what I mean! :) Glad to see you so happy.