December 27, 2011

Brady's First Christmas

I received the best Christmas present ever this year...Brady slept through the night for the first time. I woke up around 7am and realized that not only was Brady still sleeping, but I hadn't woke up once for a feeding or to put a pacifier back in. Heaven! I'm sure that'll be the last time our kids sleep in on Christmas morning. After church we went to the Hansens for presents and dinner. Brady was smothered with presents from his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and of course us. I can't wait till next year when he at least kinda gets what is going on. Christian got me a stair stepper, a subscription to US weekly, and some clothes. I gave Christian work clothes, tools, and a jacket. Chris & Cindy gave me some great work out clothes, boots and much more. They gave Brady some fun toys, a stuffed animal, and a couple adorable outfits. He also received a play table, more toys, and clothes from us. Heather gave him UGG boots, a coupon for a date night, and a custom t-shirt that says "I love my (picture of a helicopter) aunt". Doug and Cassie gave him the cutest book. It is "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and each page is narrated by a different sibling. As you turn the page the voice starts talking. So cute. Christian received tons of sweaters, work clothes, shoes, and more from his parents. We were all very lucky to have grandpa Hale with us all week for all the Christmas festivities. It was so fun to finally spend a Christmas with the Hansens and be surrounded by family on Christmas morning...Sure beats spending it alone and working all day on the ship!
Christian and his dad were able to get this into our house on Christmas Eve without me knowing. Christian wrapped it up, closed the door and I had no idea. Christmas morning he said my present was in the extra bedroom and as you can see on my face I was totally shocked.

1 comment:

kc said...

Whenever I think of stairsteppers I think of you! Is that weird? Maybe not too weird since apparently Christian does too!!