December 13, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Warning…very long post, but much overdue. Christian worked incredibly hard for over four months remodeling our new home. Nearly every night (and all day Saturday) he would finish his “day job” and then head straight to the condo and work till 10pm or often later. He would then come home and almost always watch youtube videos to figure out how he was going to complete the next project. Christian’s scout master growing up, Greg Blotter, helped Christian build walls to extend the kitchen. Greg also redid all the electrical in the entire place. Thanks to tons of additional help from friends and family we are finally all settled in and loving our new home. While unpacking, I found a chocolate fountain (that I totally forgot we had) so I decided to fire it up for a little housewarming party we had on Sunday. I’m so proud of Christian and so grateful for all his hard work. There is no way I can even remember all the projects Christian (and some hired help) completed, but we now have all new…

-Windows
-Entirely new kitchen
-Floors
-Doors & Closet doors
-Washer and dryer (possibly my favorite addition)
-Entirely new bathrooms (tile, vanities, light fixtures, etc.)
-Crown molding and baseboards
-Insulation
-Stair Rail
-Appliances
-Vanities
- Paint, etc., etc.

Just to refresh your memory here are a few pictures of the before...I'm almost done decorating. There is one more room and bathroom that I didn't take pictures of, but I'm sure you can imagine an empty room:) Here is the after ....Guest bedroomUpstairs bathroom
Our bedroomBrady's room

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That kitchen is amazing! The rest of your home is beautiful as well, congratulations.

Camille said...

I wish you could hear my screams and comments on how GREAT everything looks!!! It all looks A-mazing!!! you guys did an amazing job. love the christmas decorations and the new couch!! i can't wait to see it in person! you both did such a great job!! LOVE IT!!!